Battery concerns

Hey everyone, hope I’m just being paranoid about this for no reason. I spent a good part of yesterday trying to wire up a Pigrrl with Raspberry Pi. The project’s here if you’re not familiar with it. https://learn.adafruit.com/pigrrl-2/overview

I couldn’t get it working (but possibly a software issue). I ended up pulling out soldered wires/resoldered wiring etc - so needless to say the soldering isn’t very good! I’m away from home for the next 3 weeks, and have left the whole circuit still connected to a 2000mAh LiPo battery pack (https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/lipo-battery-pack). There’s a switch to the circuit and this is off. I’ve left the circuit in a toolbox, there’s a pitft display, in the circuit, a raspberry Pi, and there’s a powerboost1000c in the circuit as well, as well as an amp, gamepad pub and small speaker. Is there a chance that if the circuit came on for any reason (ie if the soldering to the switch fails and the circuit becomes constantly on), there’s any chance of the battery catching fire? I would think that if this happened the battery would just wear down, but it’s the dodgy soldering and connections which are worrying me. My partner is in the house so I could ask her to disconnect it, but would rather not bother her with it if I have nothing to worry about. The circuit is definitely off at the moment, just have a bit of paranoia kicking in at the moment.

Thanks!

It’s hard to know- and harder to supply an answer that’s not totally hyperbolic. Personally I would not worry, but I’d always recommend to others that it should be disconnected - “just in case.” More because I don’t want to say “It’ll be fiiiinnnnneeee” and then for it, god forbid, not to be fine.

Granted I imagine low-voltage shut-off would protect the LiPo from deep depletion, and if it were going to short out it would probably have done so already.

Thank you for getting back to me! I know the LiPo has a built in protection circuit. Should this help prevent anything happening? I understand that you don’t want to say it’ll definitely be fine! Just want to gauge whether I should bother my partner with it - don’t want to worry her. Also I think that if she tried to unplug the battery, the circuit might get messed up even more/battery dropped as I found it really fiddly to unplug before.

I’m not the finest LiPo wizard, but the protection circuit should prevent a deep discharge damaging the cells. I don’t believe it would protect from a short, but I also don’t believe that’s likely to happen!