Hyperpixel Configuration Files

Hi there buccaneers!
I have just spent the past half an hour worrying about all of my files that I’d installed on my Raspberry Pi - I had just finished testing out my Hyperpixel display (which is superb by the way!) and was ready to start using my HDMI monitor again (I know, unthinkable). Since I couldn’t find any documentation on how to do this, I went muddling around in the config.txt file and ended up with no display at all…

There may be a better way to do this, so please enlighten me if there is, but I thought I’d try and spare anybody else in the same position by showing you my way of circumventing this distress;

• Before you try installing the Hyperpixel software, navigate to /boot and make a copy of the config.txt file - just call it default-config.txt or something along those lines.

• Once you’ve installed the Hyperpixel software, make a copy of the new config.txt file and call it hyper-config.txt.

Now, whenever you want to change your display, simply replace the current config.txt file with one of the others, making sure to keep a copy of it for the future!

So remember folks, Make Backups! Never change any configuration or system files without knowing what your doing, or if you do, make sure you make a copy of it!
If any of you are unfortunate enough to have already changed the config.txt file without making a copy, here’s a link to a clean file for you to use: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RPi-Distro/pi-gen/dev/stage1/00-boot-files/files/config.txt - just make sure to keep a version of your Hyperpixel file to swap it out for. :)

Hopefully I’ve saved a couple of people an hour or so of trying to fix a simple error. :)

If I’m not totally mistaken, I’m pretty sure you can delete “config.txt” and just roll with the defaults if all else fails.

The default Raspberry Pi config.txt is also available here: https://github.com/RPi-Distro/pi-gen/blob/dev/stage1/00-boot-files/files/config.txt

I still originally had the issue of trying to get to the file to delete it, since I had no display, and for some reason reading the SD card gave fluctuating results on actually seeing any files in the boot folder. Good to know you can get the default config file just by deleting it though!