Kickstarter - Mega Treasure Chest Shipping (WHEN?)

Hi

Updates seem to have stopped . . . all Kickstarter fulfillment by 12th December has come and gone . . . when are the Mega Treasure Chests going to be shipped?

Also, I pledged and extra £50 or so, as set out in the original campaign, for a Pi2, Pibow & PSU . . . despite sending messages via Kickstarter and emailing direct to Pimoroni, I have received no response.

I know you guys are busy, but this is no way to treat a loyal customer who has spent many hundreds of pounds with you . . . and specifically handed over £150 for this item a long long time ago !

Please can we have some communication?

1 Like

Its a kickstarter and so I always expect delays and changes and things of that nature. It’s just part of the process, particularly when its used as more than just a pre-order tool.

However, its communication which is the key and I think the Pimoroni guys are dropping the ball on that at the moment. I’m sure the timing of the Pi Zero and Christmas really isn’t helping but I see people on here and on Twitter playing with theirs and still don’t have the slightest clue when I can expect to see it.

Hey Gisky!

Pi Zero and Christmas have really bogged us down which has made it hard - I’m sorry we haven’t been able to give better delivery indications recently. It certainly won’t be long now and we’re shipping units every day.

Bear with us and we’ll have more concrete information once the last of the Xmas shipping has gone out… :-(

DWiskow, apologies - we are pushing hard to get Flotilla units out of the door but Christmas shipping and Pi Zero really crushed us. We are shipping Flotilla units every day and that will accelerate more once the final Christmas shipping batches leave us.

Thanks for the update!

J

Hi there

I am all so looking forward to receiving my Flotilla

I get that Pimoroni are busy . . . It’s great that your business is growing . . . but us Kickstarter backers are customers too (arguably more loyal and/or bigger spenders), and it’s a bit dissapointing to be told “I sorry we haven’t shipped your order because we are really busy servicing customers who have more recently placed orders/business” . . . feels a bit like you are saying. 'You have already waited a long time, so it’s no big deal to keep you waiting a bit longer whilst we server other customers" . I know that isn’t your attitude, but it’s how it feels!p

It’s not a case of “you have waited a long time so it’s no big deal” I promise you. We have to keep our business running because that is what will allow us to grow and support Flotilla long term (and make the experience better and better over time).

We’ve had to make hard decisions over the past month and it’s not been fun. Please don’t think we take it lightly.

We’re back in the workshop first thing next week and will continue the shipping of Flotilla to all backers.

1 Like

I understand and am not questioning your integrity or approach . . . running a business is tough . . . I am just giving you feedback about how it feels to be a Kickstarter backer who hasn’t yet received his reward.

1 Like

. . . and by your own admission “Christmas shipping and Pi Zero” (i.e new orders from new customers) is what stopped completing and shipping the outstanding Kickstarter orders/commitments.

Yes absolutely, that’s exactly what I was talking about.

We had to made some hard decisions and that was one of them - Pimoroni growing and becoming more visible is a good thing for Flotilla in the long term.

1 Like

Christmas has come [and gone] . . . the end of January is just around the corner . . . still no news of when my Megachest is likely to arrive !

All updates are on the Kickstarter page!

any chance of a link. Not exactly sure where the Kickstarter update page is.
Thanks.

http://flotil.la (for now)

RougeM, thank you for the link.

Been there, seen that (update on the Kickstarter page) . . . estimated delivery June 2015 . . . and on 16th November 2015 an update that said “we’ll start shipping in two weeks time, Nov 30th, and be complete by Dec 14th”.

BUT, still no news of when I am going to get my Mega Treasure chest (and its now February 2016) ! . . . disappointed (again)

there has been a number of updates since, sketching out the timeline at this stage, but basically everybody should have their kit before the end of Feb.

Another month has passed and another broken promise has crystalised ! . . . I still have no Mega Treasure Chest and no idea when I am going to get my £154 of product . . . there have been no updates on the Kickstarter website since February 12.

I know it is rude to shout, and that typing in capitals is shouting . . . but, WHEN AM I GOING TO GET THE PRODUCT I BACKED OVER A YEAR AGO, THAT WAS PROMISED BY JUNE LAST YEAR, THEN BEFORE CHRISTMAS, THEN BY THE END OF JANUARY AND FINALLY BY THE END OF FEBRUARY !

Frankly, having backed multiple Pimoroni products on Kickstarter to the tune of hundreds of pounds, I am now done . . . you have lost a backer, you will need to get the funding for new Pimoroni ideas from other sources . . . your loss !

Hi Dorian, I’ve tried to call you to figure out what’s going on here, please call back when you get my message! It looks like the pledge amount didn’t match the reward or something similar to that. I’m sure we can figure it out and get your unit shipped today if you drop me a line! Sorry about that. :-(