Robot problems

My niece has put together the robot and there are 2 problems:

1. On the Dock, the LED for one of the light sensors does not light up. She’s swapped out the cable, checked the connections, etc.

2. In the cookbook, on the robot recipe, when she clicks the “CLICK TO RUN ROBOT” link, she selects her Dock, but then just gets a page about how she should build the robot. No code appears to load. Is this because the script is not detecting all of the ports, perhaps due to the broken light sensor? There are no error messages, so she has no idea what the problem could be.

I tried contacting Pimoroni directly several days ago, but go no response. It seems like what she needs is a replacement light sensor? Does that mean the robot script will work after that?

What can I do?

Hi Amber. Apologies for the slow response on this. I’ve just replied to your support ticket, and we’ll get you sorted out ASAP. :-)

Hi here,

I bought the flotilla for my kids and we just finished building the line follow robot, and we have the exact same issue described by @auntieamber.

Was there a fix or was it a duff light sensor? And if the light sensor, what’s the process for getting it fixed?

Thanks in advance.