Display the degree character in Micro python?

@Nox, I think you have your work cut out to overcome this with software:

Colour Blandness

I had a friend at school, back in the late fifties, who had red/green difficulties. One day, in art class, we were each given a stone from the beach, mainly brown, to draw and paint. Suddenly, my friend cried out as the rugby playing art master clipped him hard on the head with his hand yelling, “What the hell are you playing at, the stone isn’t emerald?” Different times!

Those colored dots charts are the ones that tipped me off to my color vision not being what it should be. If was stuff like what number do you see, and follow the line with your finger. For me the line disappeared / faded into the background on a couple of the charts.

Mine is only a mild case of Red Green Color Deficiency. I can see red and green, just can’t see turquois, lol.

EDIT: In the grand scheme of things, it bothers me more, vision wise, having to wear bifocals. Especially with my degenerative disks in my neck.
Tilt head, look at the big PC monitor. Now tilt head and look at the little Pi / Pico LCD. ;)

Getting old is a pain!.
I’ve got varifocals and a separate pair of reading glass set at monitor distance. Helps cut out all the nodding.

I was more thinking translating displays, sort of an automated version of the scale ordering test used for detecting both color blindness and tetrachromacy. but I hit a snag…

Seems that the technique used by those nifty colorblind glasses isn’t just to increase the intensity of weaker colors, but rather to create band gaps so that they are more distinct (probably reduces contrast on the strong colors a bit as well, but none of their literature mentions it). TBH I’m not sure ye olde RGB displays can actually do that (since they just mix pure tints). May be that I can only simulate colorblindness but not compensate for it (which might explain why there isn’t a setting for it already)

PS I feel ya on the neck pain and glasses. Mine sounds like gravel when I roll it, and I have wildly different prescriptions for >1.2m(~4ft) and <0.9m(~3ft)

The thing with RGB color is its fake versus real. Your eyes see real colors as just one wavelength of light. RGB sends Red “and” Green to fool your eyes / brain into thinking you are seeing yellow. That’s how I understood it to work.
The brain is what actually mixes the colors together?

Close enough for government work. more that the eye just averages signals, So red+green get averaged to yellow, same as if it were pure yellow, and the brain has no way to know what the original values were. brain get a signal that says 6, but doesn’t know if the eye got 6, or 23, or 32 etc.

My guess is those glass blocking certain pure frequencies causes the signals it does get to be more distinct making them easier to distinguish, instead of just a bleh average, kind of like how snowblind glasses (or even just shading your eyes from the sun) makes it easier to see.

might still be possible to replicate with HDR but I haven’t had time to dig into that yet