Need desperate help for a custom project

This would be good if I can use own Bluetooth pad. But since it’s a UNO will I be able to attach a sound card and be able to attach my flora and use my Bluetooth pad to control the audio and RGB

I “think” the shield pinouts are the same, the Flora just has more pins?
When stacking shields you need to know what shield uses what pins / functions.
If two things are trying to use the same pin(s) you’ll have issues.

That’s gone over my head a bit.
Ok so if I get a UNO can I attach the flora to it since it already has all my coding on it. ? Then attach a audio shield and a Moto shield?
Or from what your saying if the flora and Moto shield use the same pin I’ll have issues
Sorry I’m dylexic so my grammar isn’t grate and understanding is slow. Sorry

Big Ops, I thought a Flora was like an Uno, just bigger with more pins but its not. Very, very sorry about that. =(
Arduino shields are not going to work with your Flora, not easily anyway. You would have to remove the UNO and then use jumper wires to connect your Flora. I’m not sure the Flora has enough inputs outputs to do it all to be honest?
The Adafruit Forum may be the place to ask these questions? You’ll have better odds of somebody that has one responding. I am a member there, same username I use here.

It’s ok don’t worry about it you don’t need to apologize your helping that mean more to.me then anything.

I don’t under stand how a UNO works.
From what I thought the Uno will be the mother board that controls everything you attach to it like a motor shield, sound shield, RGB shield and Bluetooth.

So when you press a button on a Bluetooth pad it will tell the Uno to go to the motor shield and move motor 1 etc.

If the flora dosnt work with UNO that’s fine just as long has I can install a RGB unit and use the same code I’ll be fine.

This is why I need help, I know nothing.

The UNO is an Arduino (micro controller) built to the official spec. Its like your Flora, just a different form factor. The Arduino shields are designed to be used with the official Arduino’s like an entry level Uno to the top of the Line Mega.
Your Flora is an Arduino compatible Micro Controller. It’s compatible in that you can run Arduino code on it, and use other Arduino compatible hardware with it. It’s not plug and play with Arduino shields though. It’s the same Micro Controller used on some Arduino’s, but the board layout is totally different.
The Arduino like your Flora is a Micro controller, it runs the show. The shield is an add on that interfaces with the Arduino. It’s like plugging a Hat onto a PI. It’s just shield onto an Arduino. The Pi is a computer that runs a full OS, the Arduino is a Micro Controller that runs machine code, no OS. Advantages and disadvantages to both depending on what you want to do with them.
Connecting your Flora to the UNO will result in two Microcontrollers talking back and forth. IMHO, that will be a lot of work with no real benefit in the end.

That’s fine I’ll forget the flora.
I was looking at the pi since I know you can install win 10 on it but don’t know if pi will be better for me companies to Uno.

I’ve seen on videos that you can just plug in on top of the Uno with a shield and they ment to work would adding about with cables. with I believe V3 only.

Only Windows 10 iot will run on a Raspberry Pi, and it needs to be a 3B or earlier. Windows 10 iot bears no resemblance to the desktop version of Windows, just so you know. Its very limited in what you can do from its GUI.
The Pi uses an ARM processor which uses the Arm instruction set. Windows uses the Intel x86 or AMD x64 instruction set, neither of which is compatible with an ARM based CPU.

Yes shields like this, https://store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-motor-shield-rev3 plug in on top of an Arduino Uno etc. You then write your code to control whats on the shield based on what pins the shield uses for what hardware it has. Scroll down the page I linked too and look in the documentation section for details.
I do believe most of the shields like the above will work on more than just an UNO. You should be able to use a Leonardo or even a Mega if you want. The basic pin layout is the same on all of them. The bigger more powerful Arduino’s just have extra pins added to give them more functionality.

That’s great thank you I’ll stick to Arduino rather then pi.
I’ll have a look at the shields and hopefull sort something out. And digger out what shields I need and if they all will work with each other.
When I do my coding I install the coding on that particular shield?
I hope I can work all this out since its been driving me mental for the past year
Thank you

You do your code up in the Arduino IDE, then upload that to the Arduino. Same as you do with your Flora. If you need a special library you include it. Just go to Sketch, Library Include. I haven’t done any Arduino stuff in a while, but it has most of what you need for Official Arduino products. When you compile any libraries you included are added and uploaded to the Arduino with your code.

EDIT: Think of it this way. The UNO is an Arduino, the Flora is an Arduino clone.
The Flora for all intent and purposes is electrically identical, but physically different.
The design of the Arduino is open source, any body can build one. Adafruit builds there own version of just about every Arduino model out there, they just name them different, like the Metro etc. https://www.adafruit.com/product/2488
It’s there spin on it, and accepts Arduino shields. Adafruit is Micro Controller oriented, IMHO. That’s their bread and butter product. It can be a challenge interfacing some items, like your Flora with other hardware. I do believe that was intended to be used with conductive thread etc, wearable?

Right so from what I believe these parts will work together

Adafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield for Arduino v2 Kit - v2.3

Arduino Mega 2560 Rev3

Adafruit “Music Maker” MP3 Shield w/3W Stereo Amp

Adafruit Bluefruit LE Shield - Bluetooth LE for Arduino

All I nee is some think to do my RGB. But from what ive read they all compatible.
So I should be able to stack them on top of each other and they should work.

I think I will need to find some one that I can sit down and talk to. I know I did this back in 2015 when I was building my arc reactor for my hulk buster

I can’t give you a 100% yes they will all work together. That all depends on what pins on the Arduino each one uses. But it does look like you are headed in the right direction.
Posting on the Adafruit forum will likely get you some replies from those in the know.

To tell you the truth I’m not 100% how I posted on this one lol but I’ll have a search and fin it. Thank you for your help

You have to sign up and become a member like you did here.
I’m a member of their forum, same username I use here.
I go there daily but post here a lot more often.
https://forums.adafruit.com/

EDIT: It’s probably 50 50 between what I’ve bought at Adafruit versus here from Pimoroni. Adafruit has stuff I can’t get here and vise versa. I’ve even bought Pimoroni stuff from Adafruit, and Adafruit stuff from Pimoorni. Usually done to save shipping fee’s and having to make two orders to get all the stuff I wanted.

This is very great information thanks for sharing
vmware

Morning I hope you or well. I would like to ask how do you know if the USB host shield works? When I connect my mega to the pc and upload a scripted it loads up fine.
But when I attach my USB sheild the program times out etc.

Before I try downloading the program i put my Bluetooth dongle in the usb and that doesn’t even light up.

I’ve tryed plugging it in via pc with a extra 9v batter since people.or saying that the USB sheild sometimes needs extra power.

I think its d.o.a but would like some help.
Thank you

That I don’t know? I’ve only dabbled in Arduino so far, and its all been easy basic stuff.

It’s no problem thought I would ask since I’ve posted on 7 differnt sites and your the only person who seems to at least reply. But I do thank you. Hope you have a nice day

Doesn’t hurt to ask, you may still get an answer if the right person has a look see at this thread.
It’s mostly Pi related stuff here. Adafruit is one place where a lot of Arduino / micro controller types hang out. I also go by alphanumeric on that forum.

Hope this hasn’t bothered you but I thought you might like to know that I have fix the problem. From what I’ve found out there is 3 jumper on the board you have to soilder together which is 3.3v and 5v power in and then the 5v power out. Then it works… Seems like the cheapo board let you choose this whiles the genuine ones already have it done.
Just thought you might like to know this information. I’ve installed the scetch and now just have to soilder the rest and make the wheel to test my robot and I’ll be done.

I do thank you for your help