Pi400, VLC fails

Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum, I apologize in advance for my possible mistakes.
A few weeks ago my daughter gave me a complete Pi400 kit, great. I use it to catalog and select Mynaturewatch videos, of which I have been a user for several years. Everything was working fine until a few days ago, when installing the latest bullseye update, VLC stopped playing videos (.mp4), which played perfectly before.
I’m a little older now, I’m 70 years old and sometimes I don’t know where to go to talk about these things, so I reinstalled bullseye without updating and everything worked again.
Could you help me in any way?
Thank you very much in advance
Jesus Serrano G.
Pi400
Official OS Bullseye 64bit Desktop

Hi,

this sometimes happens with updates. They break an existing applications. This is not Linux specific, it also happens on Windows.

There is not much you can do about that, except what you had already done. Since VLC is a very well supported app, I assume the programmers will update their version also in due course to support the newer Bullseye. So the best thing is to wait. And a good strategy is to test updates before using them on a clone of your micro-sd-card. At least that is what I am doing.

Thank you very much for your answer.
It was actually what I expected. I will be attentive to the new updates of VLC and I will continue for the moment with the version of bullseye that really works for me.
Thanks again for your help.