Volume resets to lowest setting on boot

Excellent! Sorry in my instructions I’d written ./bind-volume.py instead of python bind-volume.py which sent you on a bit of a wild goose chase :(

In my defence, I was not especially well yesterday :D

on a sidenote, when you chmod +x a script, you are telling the shell it’s OK to execute it directly, as opposed to requiring it to be passed as an argument to a command (such as python in this case).

If you don’t specify an interpreter, known as a shebang, inside the script itself, then bash will try to make sense of it, and fail, because import is not a command it understands (not a built-in command or found in any of the executables paths it knows about).

… anyhow just a FYI, that may help you in the future. More info here:

No worries! Thank you for all your help!

1 Like

Thanks for the additional information. Funny enough, I had tried to add the “Shebang” for Python at the start of the script but couldn’t get the keyboard to produce a proper “#” as it would only make a “£” in the command line, so I erased it before I got the code to execute (CHMOD). I didn’t want to chance that it was the same thing to the interpreter and it wasn’t included on the code provided.

Honestly, Linux is such a departure for me and anything that I’m used to. It’s quite humbling/amusing because of my advanced IT knowledge on the Windows side but I feel huge success at the smallest of accomplishments, like cloning the repository and updating the firmware made me smile for hours even though the steps were laid out in front of me.

1 Like