2040 controlled humanoid Kayra is learning to move

Recently, I posted my link to my servo control software for operating the Pimoroni 2040 Servo controller. Here’s some success with my open source humanoid Kayra (wip):https://youtube.com/shorts/PhUKBur8eLM

1 Like

That’s very cool. Looking at the details, is it only 4 servos per leg? Hip is 2, then 1 for knee, then I thought it looked like 2 for the foot (2 degrees of freedom?). The foot can definitely go side to side (perpendicular to the knee) but it looked like it was also flexing in the same axis as the knee

1 Like

Very nice, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yes, it’s four legs per servo, my goal was to keep the mechanics and the control algorithm understandable. The idea is that thigh and shank can lift the body while ankle and hip shift weight from side to side. These two enable it to move the Center of Mass to the side and be able to stretch the one leg while the other keeps the body. The two Degrees of Freedom that are missing are flexing the foot to the front (for easier rolling the feet) and rotating the hip to the side (for shorter diameters in curves).