this project started as a DIY Zoom control and grew a bit. It can:
- send keyboard shortcuts (obviously :-) )
- detect the active app (on a Mac) for app-specific keyboard shortcuts
- launch applications (on mac)
- define folders (for a set of applications)
- run your own plugins – it has a plugin system (Spotify & Hue come with it)
Keys are defined in a JSON file for easy customization.
(This was my first attempt at Python – I usually do things in C++ on ESP and Arduino. I instructed GPT4 to write all of this. I am quite happy with the result and know now a bit more about Python along the way.)
Maybe you guys find it helpful.