Graphics on the Pico Explorer - Tutorial

Not sure if this is the right place but I’ll give it a go. Please tell me if it is not appropriate here.

I’ve been ‘playing’ with Pico Explorer and would like to share what I have managed to do as a tutorial to give others some help.

Raspberry Pi Pico & Pico Explorer Workout : 15 Steps - Instructables

Using MicroPython the tutorial covers drawing lines, hollow circles and rectangles, plotting graphs and charts, creating & printing special characters and scrolling text across the screen on a curved path.

I hope you find it useful.

2 Likes

Its going to help me out, that’s for sure. So a big thanks from me. =)

will help me for sure when mine arrives …thanks

Hi
Great It works fine for me.
Thanks

Issues — HackSpace magazine (raspberrypi.org)
HSPage

Issue 43 pages 70 - 73

2 Likes

I just downloaded the free PDF and had a look see. Big Thumbs Up to @Tonygo2 =)

My PICO Explorer finally arrived. =)
Too sore from doing yard work to tinker tonight.
I’m retired so I’ll have all kinds of time to play with it tomorrow, etc.

That took its time. Are you in USA?
You will enjoy playing with the screen. Watch out for bottom edge random pixels if you keep editing a long program. (May have been fix in a recent upgrade to UF2 ?? v 2.1 with added CP Blinka + libraries.)

I’m in Canada. I usually get my stuff in about 2 weeks if I go the International Standard (snail mail). All the Covid lockdowns have likely messed things up a lot.
I book marked a couple of your posts / threads for review. And you Instrutables. ;)
I have some errands to run but should be tinkering with it later on today.
Brand new PICO with the latest Pimoroni uf2, and a PICO Resetti added.
Also hunted up and downloaded the flash_nuke.uf2 so I can reset it if need be.

Ran the demo with the buzzer wired up and two motors connected. Thats all working OK, need to wire something up to test the ADC’s. I have some 10K pots kicking around here somewhere, just need to find that box of stuff.
@Tonygo2 also ran some of what you have posted here, all looking good so far.

Just a FYI post. IMHO adding a Captain Resetti to your PICO will make life a lot easier.
Any time I clicked Stop in Thonny, the motors just kept running and the buzzer buzzing. Pushing the Run Button stopped everything. =)