Inky Frame software?

My Inky Frames arrived today. They look very nice and I’m glad to see there are mounting holes on the top on the production version. Mine appears to have the MicroPython interpreter and nothing else on the Pico W. Is there a link for the demo software?

I put the same question on The Youtubes.

The Micro Python Examples are here,
pimoroni-pico/micropython/examples/inky_frame at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico (github.com)

Thanks, I’ll take a look.

For Pimoroni: Are there plans to put some factory-shipped fun on the Inky Frame beyond the (Manet?) painting? BTW, there’s some very similar stuff in pimoroni-pico/micropython/examples/pico_inky at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico · GitHub . How is that related to the link/directory you cited?

There is more than one inky. What I linked too is for the Inky Frame. There is also this, which has a smaller display.
Pico Inky Pack - Pimoroni

Thanks, I knew about other e-ink displays but not that one and I don’t think I knew the product names.

I had never copied an mpy file onto a MicroPython board before. I eventually found Adafruit Learn: CircuitPython Libraries on MicroPython using the Raspberry Pi Pico which explains how to use Thonny to do this.

For Pimoroni: I suspect others may fail for this trap if they go rummaging and aren’t familiar with the whole project range. A link and small photo of the relevant device(s) might help users to navigate to the correct page for those wondering around pimoroni-pico/micropython/examples at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico · GitHub .
For Pimoroni: a step-by-step guide would help for Inky Frame users.

I had to lift my board off my desk to get a Wi-Fi signal but it connected and then gave me

OSError: timeout waiting for v2 card

I’ve got a Kingston 32GB FAT32 formatted card in there. I’ll mess around with that tomorrow, I tthink.

The custom Pimoroni Micro python uf2 file should have all the libraries needed for the inky frame to work. And have whats needed to run any of the examples.
Releases · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico · GitHub

Swapped microsd card for a Samsung 32GB and it’s started working! Thanks again for your help.

For libraries I was just following the advice on https://github.com/pimoroni/pimoroni-pico/tree/main/micropython/examples/inky_frame#examples

The examples need network_manager.py and WIFI_CONFIG.py from the common directory to be saved to your Pico W. Open up WIFI_CONFIG.py in Thonny to add your wifi details (and save it when you’re done).

You’ll also need to install the micropython-urllib.urequest library using Thonny’s ‘Tools’ > ‘Manage Packages’ or common/lib/urllib which contains a compiled .mpy version that uses less RAM. You should place this directory in lib on your Pico W.

Finally for examples loading images, you’ll need sdcard.mpy from common/lib. You should place this file in lib on your Pico W.

Ops, forgot all about the extra stuff needed to have the WIFI connect to your network.
And didn’t know about the sdcard stuff. Sorry about that.
I have a Tufty, no WIFI and no SD Card slot. I have tinkered with the Pico Wireless Pack, but only the WIFI part of it.

Going by this, Actions · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico (github.com)
Some new examples have been added.
pimoroni-pico/micropython/examples/inky_frame at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico (github.com)

I’m not sure if all of these were there when I posted the link earlier in this thread?