Keybow as Bluetooth rather than USB Keyboard?

Would it be possible to get the Pibow to appear as a Bluetooth keyboard (as the Zero WH has Bluetooth support) rather than a USB HID?

I can see that being useful in some situations?

I believe it’s possible- this guide (although dated) seems to think so at least - https://impythonist.wordpress.com/2014/02/01/emulate-a-bluetooth-keyboard-with-the-raspberry-pi/

It’s something on my list to look into, and you’re right- with a LiPo SHiM it would basically make Keybow a Bluetooth Keyboard. Granted there’s no wireless functionality in the software right now since I was focussing on making it lean and quick to boot, but there’s nothing stopping you booting full Raspbian instead :D

I’m considering getting the Keybow myself, and I’ll be going for Raspbian because I’m hoping to do exactly this, as I want to free up the USB port for… an external keyboard.

Cos 12 keys is nice and all, but 12 keys, plus a full keyboard, plus the components of a cannibalised USB control pad mounted on a panel alongside a piTFT touch screen… PPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!

I guess what I’m saying is that if you’re going to add Bluetooth to the Keybow OS, it’s probably worth bringing in USB HID input as that will be pretty appealing to the hardcore of macro-keyboarders out there.