LiPo Amigo Pro Wireless Charging

Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone has experience with introducing a wireless charging coil into the LiPo Amigo Pro so the battery may be charged by either USB-C or wirelessly?

My initial thoughts would be to take a LiPo Amigo Pro and connect a Qi-compatible charging circuit to the 5V breakout, but I’m not sure if this would work or just blow everything up?

From the specs the charging circuit is within the limits, at least what the voltage is concerned. The supply current is a bit on the low side, but I would give it a try as long as you don’t activate the “fast charge” option on LiPo Amigo Pro.

I would also be careful not to connect the QI-charger and USB-C at the same time. There is no schematic, so it is unclear if there is a diode that prevents back powering.

There is no schematic, so it is unclear if there is a diode that prevents back powering.

There is actually a schematic on the product page, and no, it doesn’t look like there’s a diode.

I was actually looking for a schematic of the Qi charging circuit breakout. But a diode on the LiPo Amigo would have also done the job.

Ah, sorry, wrong end of the stick there! It doesn’t look like there’s one on the board and at a glance at the chip datasheet there doesn’t seem to be an integrated one either. I’ve not done too much power stuff but Adafruit does seem to have something just for this job. They don’t seem too easy to get at the moment though.

Yes, I am waiting for these breakouts as well. On the other side, the breakout is so simple and the chip is available at JLCPCB (where I do my PCBs) for 0,40$, so I am tempted do just create my own one.