Picade illuminated buttons advice needed?

Thanks, glad it was of use.

I took a look at my Picade tonight, and some spare buttons I had from my bartop build.

Turns out you might have enough room for these, but it’ll be a tight fit with not much spare room for wiring/the picade board.

I’d advise going for shorter illuminated buttons if you can. Here’s a comparison of the standard picade buttons with the normal component illuminated ones (where the button/led and switch are all swappable components - nice an convenient, but loooooong buttons):

They are almost double the length of the standard picade buttons. The illuminated bezel ones I got are only slightly longer than the stock ones.

Is there room for standard illuminated buttons in the picade case?

Probably. It’s going to be tight though. You might need to relocate the picade board, which is currently somewhere under the right of the control panel.

You’ll probably run into issues if you want to replace the side buttons though - they are going to hit either the control panel buttons or the joystick mounting.

Here’s the actual illuminated buttons I used in the front:

They are not actually much larger than the stock ones.

The other option I considered, to make my control buttons a bit different (because these illuminated ones are just too expensive to swap out every button) was these:

You can specify different bezel/plunger combinations for the buttons - they’re not illuminated, but it does make them a little different - I thought all black or grey plungers with different colour surrounds might look quite nice - and they are a lot cheaper too. Also they are not particularly long and snap-in, just like the stock picade ones. Might be worth considering?

Edit: Actually, I’ve just checked, and you can pop out the plungers on the stock picade buttons, so you can achieve the above at zero cost, by just swapping round the plungers and surround combinations on the stock buttons if you wanted that effect.

2 Likes