Pirate Audio no sound

Hi,
I’ve been using a Pirate Audio with 3W amp on an piZeroW. While trying out some custom code to play a selected MP3 and jpg as selected by the ABXY buttons it stopped producing sound.
I’ve gone back to the start and a clean SD, installed Pirate audio but still no sound.

After a lot of searching I found that i2s-mmap is not loading, and there is no i2s-mmap.dtbo in /boot/overlays/

sudo vcdbg log msg

001912.703: Failed to load overlay 'i2s-mmap'

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find it?

Double check you have the lines dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac and gpio=25=op,dh in your /boot/config.txt since these enable the DAC for audio output.

sure do… I think I’ve killed GPIO25, so i’ll have to solder a header on another PiZero and try that.
BTW, I don’t think i2s-mmap is needed, that was from an Adafruit tutorial about similar DACs.

Dave

I’ve done some testing and GPIO25 seems OK.
One thing I’ve noticed is on the iris screen the progress bar goes 1,2,3,4, seconds and resets when you press play, as if a buffer is filling then overflowing.

Dave

This is something I know little to nothing about unfortunately. My pirate radio is one of the older pHat Beat based ones with no LCD, and all I do is stream my classic rock from the Internet. Wish I could be of more help but I’m out of ideas. =(

Thanks Alphanumeric, I think the next thing will be another DAC board, but i might try a different brand.

There are lots of them out there, not many come with an integrated display though. You can add that on separately if you get a DAC with a stacking header as an option.