Pirate Radio CMD line stuck?

right now I finally found a bit of time to actually try again and i have aboslutely 0 sound and dont know why. I switched pi zero to a new one just in case, nothing, I even bought a 2nd phat beat. Nothing. Re-imaged sd card, nada, maybe that speaker did go DOA on me but unless I grabbed wrong sd card last night im clusless. And that raspi-config problem went away but now I have a new one - on boot it stops for a second saying there’s some DHCP thing active but then continues boot

DHCP - dynamic host control protocol - the process responsible for getting an IP address from your router. It’s normal for it to pause sometimes as this is a network-related task.

As for your lack of audio- what do you see when you run:

aplay -l

and

aplay -L

in the terminal?

Running VLC Radio, I occasionally get some skips and pauses, I assume its a stream / internet issue. And every once in a while I lose the station completely. Switching to another station usually fixes it. Most times I can even go back to the one that stopped. Bummer your having a hard time. It can be really frustrating when things don’t work as they should. Try not to get to upset, it just makes it harder, been there done that. ;)