Pirate Radio: Spotify script issues

I have been trying to install the spotipy script to allow me to stream spotify on my Pirate Radio however I keep getting the following issue when installing on Raspbian Jessie:

Configuring mopidy...

ERROR    Failed to load extension iris: No module named spotipy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mopidy/ext.py", line 202, in load_extensions
    extension_class = entry_point.load(require=False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2190, in load
    ['__name__'])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mopidy_iris/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
    import handlers
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mopidy_iris/handlers.py", line 5, in <module>
    from spotipy import Spotify
ImportError: No module named spotipy
patching file /home/pi/.config/mopidy/mopidy.conf
Hunk #1 succeeded at 24 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 34 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 38 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #4 FAILED at 61.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 60 (offset -7 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 77 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #7 succeeded at 108 (offset -17 lines).
Hunk #8 succeeded at 131 (offset -17 lines).
Hunk #9 succeeded at 133 (offset -17 lines).
Hunk #10 succeeded at 149 (offset -17 lines).
Hunk #11 FAILED at 183.
2 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /home/pi/.config/mopidy/mopidy.conf.rej

Any ideas what is causing this issue? I was hoping to be able to use my Pirate Radio today :(

I’m not sure why it’s failing to find the Spotipy library, did you save any of the output from earlier in the install script?

You might be able to fix it with: sudo pip install spotipy or sudo pip3 install spotipy, or that may throw an error and reveal what went wrong.

Thanks, just trying that now. The above was the only error seen so far from the install script.

The sudo apt install spotipy

seems to have stopped the error. Thanks for the help. now it can’t find mopidy-spotify in iris.

I have also got some problems with Mopidy Iris. The easiest way was to remove Iris and install Moped for example. First sudo pip uninstall Mopidy-Iris and then sudo pip install Mopidy-Moped or a differend web frontend you would like to use. More information can be found on the Mopidy webpage.

Try as I might I can not get this script to work.
If I run it it errors that spotipy is missing and also fails on 9/11 config file changes. I then install spotipy and rerun the script and it fails on 2/11 config updates but after a reboot I can access the web front-end although it can not detect mopidy-spotify despite being correctly installed and the config settings being present.

If I try to install spotipy before running the script on a fresh install then the install fails on 9/11 config updates but otherwise seems to work, but after a reboot the web front end won’t work.

If I find time I’ll try to install the phatbeat software and mopidt manually to see if that works. It would be better if they could support volumio and have the buttons and vu meter work… Why was volumio support dropped? It used to be listed (and still is on the Pimoroni.de product page).

Hi,

I had the same issues. Mopidy is not starting Spotify because you haven´t entered a Client ID and Client Secret into the Mopidy Config file. At the beginning there are # before the options Client ID and Client Secret. You get them if you go to developer.spotify.com. There you can create a new application and call it Raspberry Pi for example. Afterwards you get both Client ID and Client Secret and you just copy them into the fields of the Mopidy config file. Hope, I could help you

Hey I am having similar issues. Any time I try to install modipy-iris or modipy-moped I get the following error

Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement modipy-iris (from versions: )

No matching distribution found for modipy-iris

any help greatly appreciated!