##Skywriter/Raspberry Pi based kiosk
This is a ‘kiosk’ that sits on the bookshelf in my living room. It displays weather, news, and silly quotes. Each screen appears for 30 or so seconds then fades to the next screen. The skywriter enables people to manually page back and forth.
By following threads at the official Raspberry Pi forums I was able to make the boot process very clean. It might seem like a little thing but it adds a nice polish to the project.
- Uses JSON to get weather data from weather underground
1a. Displays data as ‘current’, 4-day forecast, & details of today’s weather
- Selects a random line from any number of text files
2a. Inspirational Quotes
2b. Famous Quotes
2c. Dad Humor
- Displays RSS feeds from any number of sources
- Displays animated weather radar from NOAA
- Displays Aurora Borealis forecast
Add error checking for API data
- Add API for art museum
- Finish administrative backend
- Finish hourly forecast
- Email notification
- Todo list/calendar
- Integrate Adafruit TSL2561 light sensor to automatically control screen brightness
Sample: Arrow keys to change slides.
See update below for links and a couple of photos.