Unicorn HAT Mini not lighting up, responding

Hi, have recently bought a Unicorn HAT Mini for my Raspberry Pi 4. Following the tutorial on https://github.com/pimoroni/unicornhatmini-python it successfully installs, but when running any of the example code the hat does not respond or light up. No errors show for the example code either - is there a setting I could be missing or did I get a dodgy one?

I also have a InkypHAT e-ink screen which works perfectly with the Pi at the moment

Make sure SPI is enabled under interfaces in Raspberry Pi configuration, raspi-config from terminal if your running Pi OS Lite.

Are you running the examples from an IDE, or from command line?
Also make sure that the 5x7.ttf font file is in the same folder as the example(s).
Some of the examples like text.py won’t work without it.

Hey there, SPI is enabled. Running all examples from the command line, and the 5x7.ttf font file you mentioned is in the same folder.

I’d remove and firmly reattach the Unicorn Mini, if you haven’t already.
And try running them from thony or another Python IDE.

Have removed and reattached it a couple times now :p
I’m running Pi OS Lite at the moment

Best guess is your missing a dependency. Something that’s in the full desktop version but not in the Lite version.
It’s totally up to you if you want to try the following. It won’t break anything but may install software you don’t need. It’s what I did to get my color LCD breakout working.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-rpi.gpio python-spidev python-pip python-pil python-numpy
sudo apt-get install python3-rpi.gpio python3-spidev python3-pip python3-pil python3-numpy

All of those were already installed when trying to run apt-get, and no updates for any packages ://

Ok, I don’t know why it doesn’t work? I have one and its working fine, Pi OS with desktop though, not the Lite version.
If you go here, you can e-mail Pimoroni tech support directly. I’d put a link to this thread in the e-mail.
https://shop.pimoroni.com/pages/contact-us

No problem, will get in touch. Thanks for the help :)