Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi Incorrect storage?

Hello!

I recently purchased an Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi - ATSAMD21 + ATWINC1500 - https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/adafruit-feather-m0-wifi-atsamd21-atwinc1500

I have flashed this device with UF2 Bootloader and loaded circuitpy on to it. Which all went well however when the CIRCUITPY drive appears it only has 47KB max space (see picture) which isn’t enough for the libraries I want to use. Now, I’m new to feathers and this is my first one, and don’t know a huge amount about memory but on the page I bought it from says 256KB of flash memory. Have I done something wrong or is this space correct and the 256KB of memory is for hidden files?

Thanks in advance :)
Joe

This sounds about right. Circuitpython is normally recommended for use with the Express boards, which have an additional memory chip to store this. If you’ve flashed Circuitpython to a board without that then the missing 200Kb or so of space will be CircuitPython.

How did you flash the board anyway, I don’t see an official image for that board? Did you use the generic M0 image?

If you’re trying to install the Blinka library bundle it might be possible to install yhe individual modules you need instead of the whole thing.

EDIT:
Yep, if I do a fresh install of CircuitPython on the Trinket M0 (essentially the same as your board but smaller) I just have 47Kb of space left, so if you need more you’ll want one of the Express boards. If you’re feeling brave, you could try adding an external flash chip.