Another Blinkt question

I think I was imagining that the shutdown was killing the light process, then the script would come in and clean it up. But in any event, it’s working now — thanks again for your help!

The shutdown will stop the Blinkt from being written too, eventually. Anything that is lighting it up will stop as processes etc get terminated. Thing is, your rainbow.py file will keep running right to the end. It’s likely running after the clear and show are run from the other py file which will just light the blinkt up again.
In my one file if x = 0 it does the clear and show then pauses with the sleep command while its doing the shutdown. The cpu_percent stuff is paused and the blinkt stays off.

I like your solution though, very creative. It should work no matter what other file your running on your Blinkt. There are usually multiple ways to get it done.

Yeah, I’m very new to Linux, but I’m beginning to see that there are fifteen different ways to accomplish any potential task…and some of them even work! 😃