I have a (bit more than) beginners knowledge of Python and have built a number of Raspberry Pi and simple Pico projects.
I am now playing with Pimoroni’s Badger. Basic working is fine and I have added new images etc, but I have some problems when I want to go further.
I have read all I could find on Badger, but I am missing the following:
- Is there somewhere a description of the file structure and the functions of the various files?
- What do the .json files in the state directory do?
- I can modify the application (.py) files, but where do the modified files go? I have uploaded them to the home directory on Badger, (is that correct?) but still have some problems.
- Where is launcher stored on the device? If I modify launcher.py (e.g. to change the names of modified applications), what do I do with it?
- If I boot the Badger by connecting to my computer and then select clock from the launcher, it starts at the default of 2022/2/28. If I run main.py from Thonny, the clock shows the current time.
I have a few more issues, but that is enough for now I think.
Perhaps I have missed something obvious, but any help would be appreciated.
If it doesn’t already exist, a more extended version of Getting Started with Badger covering these and similar issues would be very helpful.