Bme680 smbus

Having trouble using my BME680 after a manual install. When I run the read-all script as posted on the GitHub page I get the message:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/bme680/__init__.py", line 22, in __init__
    import smbus
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'smbus'

I’ve tried pip, pip3 and apt installing smbus but nothing is working to enable smbus. What can I do to get past this?

Try the full, one line installer.
curl https://get.pimoroni.com/bme680 | bash
Its what I used with my BME680. I’m pretty sure I’ve run that example at least once with no issues. I’ll try it again latter on today if I get a chance on one of my BME680’s. Both are in service in running setups at the moment. Weather clocks.
Running the latest Raspbian?

Thanks, I’m sure that will work, The full install worked for me last time I did it. I just want to do a manual install, and understand why this module isn’t being accessed correctly and what I can do to fix it.

Yes, it is the latest Raspbian-Lite and the latest Python 3.7.1

Ok fair enough. My Linux skills are very basic so you’ll need somebody in the know to help you with that. You’ve already tried what I would have tried pip etc.

Thanks, if no one else has a fix, I guess I’ll try burning another chip and not upgrading Python3 to see if SMBUS works that way.

Scrollphathd not working