Can't get Adafruit Voice Bonnet for Raspberry Pi - Two Speakers + Two Mics to work

Hi,

I recently bought a Adafruit Voice Bonnet for Raspberry Pi - Two Speakers + Two Mics and I am trying to get it to connect to a Raspberry Pi 2 B. I have gone through the full Adafruit tutorial from the product website and I can not seem to get the headphone jack or microphones to work, additionally the LED’s on the board do not light up when connected to the Pi, I am not sure if this is normal or if it means there is a fault with the board.

The initial setup seems to work alright but however when attempting to play a sound through the headphone jack no sound can be heard (with headphones plugged in). Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Audio is one of the big problems with the Pis. What version of PiOS are you using? Please note that the guide is two years old, that is really old in terms of PiOS version history. So I would not bet that the guide would work with a current version of PiOS.

So one option would be to try an old version, at least the legacy-version or Raspbian-lite. I have a similar hat from Waveshare and I remember having problems as well making it work. You should also check in /var/log/messages to see if you have problems with the driver.