CircuitPython for Badger2040W

Hi pirates,

I have created the CircuitPython board-definition files for the Badger2040W and also a CP driver for the PCF85063A. Any objections that I create a pull request for upstream CircuitPython?

Sounds awesome - can we have a look at your proposed changes?

yes: GitHub - bablokb/circuitpython: CircuitPython - a Python implementation for teaching coding with microcontrollers and then select branch badger_2040_w.

1 Like

@hel any news here? Having this in upstream would be really great, since there are regular CircuitPython relases and once it is in upstream, newer versions are built automatically.

I’ve passed this on to our software team but it’s been a busy couple of weeks - I’ve applied a nudge :)

Thanks. Would it be possible to get in contact with the software team directly? Because there are some boards that are still lacking CircuitPython support and I would love to see this happen (and I am willing to contribute):

• Tufty2040: I see no reason not to upstream the existing code, since all problems so far have nothing to do with CircuitPython
  • Plasma2040W: should be very easy to do. Currently, the product page links to a CP version for the normal Pico, which is not suitable
  • InkyFrame: my next task, since CP now supports the display. Buttons need an extra driver, but that should be feasible.

Sounds good - I’ve dropped you a DM :)