Error running this: curl https://get.pimoroni.com/unicornhat | bash

Can anyone help me get past these errors? I just logged into my raspberry pi with the unicorn hat on top, and ran this command:

curl httqs://get.pimoroni.com/unicornhat | bash

It had a few errors. Here’s the whole log:

Downloading/unpacking unicornhat

Getting page
Could not fetch URL HTTP Error 403: SSL is required
Will skip URL when looking for download links for unicornhat
Getting page
Could not fetch URL: HTTP Error 403: SSL is required
Will skip URL when looking for download links for unicornhat
Cannot fetch index base URL

URLs to search for versions for unicornhat:

Getting page
Could not fetch URLHTTP Error 403: SSL is required
Will skip when looking for download links for unicornhat
Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement unicornhat

No distributions at all found for unicornhat

Exception information:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py”, line 104, in main
status = self.run(options, args)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py”, line 245, in run
requirement_set.prepare_files(finder, force_root_egg_info=self.bundle, bundle=self.bundle)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py”, line 978, in prepare_files
url = finder.find_requirement(req_to_install, upgrade=self.upgrade)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/index.py”, line 157, in find_requirement
raise DistributionNotFound(‘No distributions at all found for %s’ % req)
DistributionNotFound: No distributions at all found for unicornhat

I had to cut all the URLs out of the log file since new users are only allowed to post two links in a single post.

Were you at home or maybe at work when doing the above? Kind or sounds like you were blocked by a firewall etc. Just a guess to be honest.

I do hope the command written above here “curl httqs://get.pimoroni.com/unicornhat | bash” is just a typo when copying it into here as “httqs” would throw a spanner in the works when its supposed to be “https” when used in the Pi.

It was a p. I was trying to get past the forum restrictions and trick it into thinking that was not a link.

I was home. I’m using linux. I think I might have set up some firewall software at some point, but it’s 100% transparent. I’ve never had anything blocked before - at least nothing I was aware of. I’m able to update my OS without a problem, for example.

Have you tried running it a second time? Maybe it was a temporary internet / server issue?
Also, you have a Unicron Hat not a Unicron Hat “HD” right?

This looks like a heinously broken or out of date “pip” installation. You may want to try sudo pip install -U pip but it’s possible it might not be able to update itself.

What OS/release are you running?

sudo lsb_release -a