Help to set proper uf2 and play an example

To start, I just need to be well setup.
I have a Raspberry pi Pico W 2022 with the hat Display Pack (4 buttons).

I pasted the pimoroni-picow-v1.20.4-micropython.uf2 into pico directory.
Whit Thonny, I’m uploading some examples provided, as the balls_demo.py. Doing Thonny PLAY, I’m getting

MPY: soft reboot
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'false' isn't defined

or I tried a simple .py file that import the library
import picodisplay as display
I got this error
ImportError: no module named 'picodisplay'

Guessing my uf2 paste is not working ?
Thx for your precious help, I’m just a beginner but have basis at python, lua, hlsl…

The term “pasted … into pico directory” makes me wonder if you’ve got the Pico W in bootsel mode (see about halfway down in the Getting Started with Raspberry Pi Pico ‘installing firmware’ section)

(edit to clarify: in bootsel mode it should appear as a drive named “RPI-RP2”, and you copy the uf2 file onto that)

Yes, I did bootsel button and copy-pasted the “w” uf2 to the mounted drive given. To be sure, here are in detail:

• holding bootsel button, pluggin USB
  • copy-pasting the pimoroni-picow-v1.20.4-micropython.uf2 to the “RPI-RP2” mounted drive
    – it reboot automatically
  • in Thonny
    – pressing “Stop” to refresh the connection
    — pico appears
    – right click on the balls_demo.py, upload to…
    – double clicking onto the balls_demo.py from the pico
    – doing “play”

not working.

Thx a lot superbe community

Hmm, are you using the latest examples? I think import picodisplay kind of retired when the whole PicoGraphics thing happened, so it might be you’re trying to run older code on newer firmware?

(i.e. the latest https://github.com/pimoroni/pimoroni-pico/blob/main/micropython/examples/pico_display/balls_demo.py imports picographics, not picodisplay)

1 Like

thx it’s working <3
Just used the 3dots git-hub option to download it.

I was rightcliking-save-file and gave not understandable formating I guess