Interstate 75W HUB75 scan issues

Hi,
I’m having trouble using the Interstate 75W with outsourced 64x32 Hub75 LED panels. I realise that the panels Pimoroni sell are probably ideally suited to the Is75, but I unfortunately have 22 of these other panels here already.

The symptoms: The display is present, using the given example of balls in Python, but divided up into 1/8th or 1/16th screen segments (actually hard to tell) - indicating to me that the issue is one of Scan incompatibility.
Video link included here

My question is whether I can indeed use these panels with a suitable declaration to properly enable the firmware for them. I am more used to ArduinoC than Py, btw.

It looks like 16, 16 x 8 blocks. The i75 Function Reference is here but I don’t think that’s going to help. There aren’t a lot of options, panel setup wise.
pimoroni-pico/interstate75.md at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico (github.com)

Did you edit the 32X32 to 64X32 in the example?

Have you had a look see here?
pimoroni-pico/micropython/modules/hub75 at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico (github.com)

Hi, thank you for your response.
Yes, I did indeed alter the basic setup parameters to reflect the matrix size. Sadly, even experiments to try various sizes other than the “correct” 64x32 didn’t help.

Looking through those sites: no reference that I can see to varying the scan rate. I think I’m in a bit of trouble.

There’s a bit of info about how we map pixels here that might be of use getting your panels working: Interstate 75 support different refresh · Issue #674 · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico · GitHub

(also Interstate75 - supporting more panel types · Issue #233 · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico · GitHub and Interstate 75 Pixel Mapping · Issue #249 · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico · GitHub)

@PlainsHunter I ran into the same IMHO lack of info. If your doing basic stuff, the supplied info will get you going, most of the time anyway. I have my two 64 x 32 panels working, just not the way I wanted. I’m stuck with using 128 x 32 where I wanted a 64 x 64 setup / layout. I bought my panels from Pimoroni, so no real issues getting them to display text etc.
You may want to look at the pinout for the data connector ( the one the i75 plugs into) and see if it matches what the i75 is expecting?

EDIT: What are you using for power? I ask because I was powering my panels from a dedicated supply, but powered the i75 via its USB C jack. I had some weirdness until I connected up a common ground.

Thank you Alphanumeric and hel,
Plenty of reading/experimenting to get through there!

Double - removed
Apologies for the repeat.

For reference, here is the panel:
Specification

Pixel Pitch 5mm
Pixel Density 40000dots/sqm
Color Configuration 1R1G1B
LED Package SMD2727
Module Size 320mm x 160mm
Module Resolution 64dots x 32dots
Drive Mode 1/8 Scan, Constant Current
Led Chip Kinglight
Drive IC MBI or JXI or Chipone or others
Power Supply G-energy, Chuanglian, Meanwell
Module Weight 0.65KG
Module Thickness 2.8CM
Interface HUB75
Brightness Over 6500cd/sqm
Best Viewing Distance 5m-100m
Viewing Angle H: 160°; V:160°
Refresh Rate 1800HZ
Frame Rate 120frame/sec
Grey Scale 16.7M colors(Synchronized)
Color Temperature R.G.B brightness 256 level adjustable
Power Input AC110V/ 220V ±10, 50HZ
Max Power Consumption 1100W/sqm
Ave. Power Consumption 500W/sqm
Storage Temperature -35~+85 degree
Working Temperature -20~+65 degree
Blind Spot Rate <1/10000
MTBF >10,000 Hours
Life Span >100,000 Hours
Waterproof IP65

Now, you might have a point. . .
I’m just using the power from the USB feed.
I will try with external + USB and see.

On a PC, the stock USC A jack is current limited to 500ma max. I made up my own custom power cable that plugs into a 5V 4A regulated switching power supply. It powers my two panels and the i75W. Then to prevent that from trying to back power my PC through the i75’s USB C jack, I modified a spare USB C to USB A cable I had on hand. It’s now Data only. I cut the +5V wire.

Interstate 75 with multiple HUB-75 LED matrix panels - Support - Pimoroni Buccaneers