Issue installing Enviroplus library

Hi All

I am new to the rasberrypi world and have been having trouble with setting up my enviroplus on a rasberrypi zero W.

I’ve been following the installation guide for the enviroplus and have tried with 2 different pi zeros, as well as I’ve installed the software on a fresh boot of rasbian.

Additionally I have tried both installation methods:

curl -sSL https://get.pimoroni.com/enviroplus | bash

and

git clone GitHub - pimoroni/enviroplus-python: Python library for the Enviro+ environmental monitoring board
cd enviroplus-python
sudo ./install.sh

In all cases, the software appears to have installed correctly (as far as I can tell). But when I try to run the examples i get the error “RuntimeError: LTR559 not found” for all sensors.

Running sudo i2cdetect -y 1 checks out and I get the correct i2c address of 0x23, 0x49, and 0x76. So as far as I can tell the board is connected properly.

After a lot of googling the past few days, I found the suggestion to install each sensor separately/manually like so:

sudo pip install ltr559
sudo pip install ST7735
sudo pip install pms5003
sudo apt install clang -y
sudo pip install enviroplus

After doing this I am able to get all the sensors/examples working except for the particulate sensor.

When I try to run particulates.py, or connect to the particulate sensor I get the error " ```
Error: serial device ‘/dev/ttyAMA0’ does not exist"

Anyone have similar issues? or can offer any suggestions? I’ve spent way to much time banging my head at my keyboard trying to get this working!

Do you have a particulate sensor connected?
I only ask because its an optional extra.

Yep! it is connected and the fan is spinning. But I am not able to get the examples to run that utilize the sensor.

Finally got everything to work.

For some reason the installation does not work on the current version of Pi OS Bookworm.

I found this thread with a similar issue- Installing the Weather HAT Python library fails - #2 by alphanumeric

I reloaded my OS and used Pi OS (Legacy) instead and everything worked without issue.

1 Like

I went Legacy on my Pi 400. At some point I’ll have to learn the new procedure. I have a Pi 5 on Preorder. No going Legacy on that.