Issue with Enviro+ with RPi Zero: Display and particles not working

I just setup a new Raspberry Pi Zero with an Enviro+ and had the issues above and this fixed it for me. Thanks

1 Like

In all cases, knowing the output of /proc/device-tree/model and gpioinfo (might need to sudo apt install gpiod) would be useful for adding explicit support for older Piā€™s.

I wonder if adding a row simply for Raspberry Pi copying the Pi 4 pins would work across all previous boards. Iā€™ve raised the pin-names-being-different-between-boards issue upstream with Pi and thereā€™s still some uncertainty about how to deal with that.

Sorry for throwing a curveball here. The switch to libgpio has beenā€¦ dicy. Trying to get it done right and trying to get it done fast are mutually exclusive. I had to take some time off over Christmas, but Iā€™m getting back on this now.

(was tipped off about this thread by a comment on Port to gpiod and gpiodevice Ā· pimoroni/pms5003-python@77d1e34 Ā· GitHub - thanks)

In all cases, GitHub is the best way to raise any issues, input, comments or join me in screaming into the void, currently there are a few relevant places for this tumultuous transition-

Hey all,

Like suggested here in this topic, I uninstalled newer versions of pms5003 and st7735 and installed specified versions but Iā€™m getting this error:

2024-04-08 22:33:00.458 WARNING  Main Loop Exception: PMS5003 Read Timeout: Failed to read start of frame byte

this line keeps appearing over and over and the lcd screen shows colorful grainy, noisy pattern. Using Zero W with Debian Bullseye (2024-03-12). Also tried it with Zero 2W and the result was the same.

I also tried sebgusā€™ way of modifying init.py in pms003 package but that method showed me another error on Zero.

Any progress on the fixes?