MP2636 Power Booster & Charger Module

I’m looking at buying one of these MP2636 Power Booster & Charger Module https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/mp2636-power-booster-charger-module
If anybody has one could you answer a few questions for me.
What I want to know is, if you have power in to Vin, does the Boost turn off automatically? Does the Boost LED go off? Pi is powered by the power supply, only the battery is being recharged.
I ask because the datasheet.pdf says the following.

3.0A Single Cell Switch Mode Battery Charger with Power Path Management (PPM) and 3.0A System Boost Current

In the absence of an input source, the MP2636 switches to boost mode through the MODE pin to power the SYS pins from the battery.

I currently have a PowerBoost 1000c. I have it wired so I can switch my load (Pi) from being powered by the PowerBoost out, or directly from the power supply feeding the Powerboost. When switched to power supply I pull the Enable PIN on the PowerBoost low to turn off the upconverter. Only the battery charger part of the powerboost is on. I want to reproduce this on the MP2636 and it sounds like it might do it all on its own for me.