Need desperate help for a custom project

Morning I hope you or well. I would like to ask how do you know if the USB host shield works? When I connect my mega to the pc and upload a scripted it loads up fine.
But when I attach my USB sheild the program times out etc.

Before I try downloading the program i put my Bluetooth dongle in the usb and that doesn’t even light up.

I’ve tryed plugging it in via pc with a extra 9v batter since people.or saying that the USB sheild sometimes needs extra power.

I think its d.o.a but would like some help.
Thank you

That I don’t know? I’ve only dabbled in Arduino so far, and its all been easy basic stuff.

It’s no problem thought I would ask since I’ve posted on 7 differnt sites and your the only person who seems to at least reply. But I do thank you. Hope you have a nice day

Doesn’t hurt to ask, you may still get an answer if the right person has a look see at this thread.
It’s mostly Pi related stuff here. Adafruit is one place where a lot of Arduino / micro controller types hang out. I also go by alphanumeric on that forum.

Hope this hasn’t bothered you but I thought you might like to know that I have fix the problem. From what I’ve found out there is 3 jumper on the board you have to soilder together which is 3.3v and 5v power in and then the 5v power out. Then it works… Seems like the cheapo board let you choose this whiles the genuine ones already have it done.
Just thought you might like to know this information. I’ve installed the scetch and now just have to soilder the rest and make the wheel to test my robot and I’ll be done.

I do thank you for your help