No Lego holes in Pibow cases anymore

And the end result… Annabel’s Lego, Raspberry Pi and Pibow themed desk.

Raspberry Pi 2 in a Pibow Coupé B+ with Lego base layer and revised Pi2 layer 3.

2 Likes

That’s awesome :-) Could we use that photo on our product page?

Certainly you can. I hereby grant the three high-resolution photos in the following web folder to the Public Domain:

http://aoakley.com/misc/annabel-lego-pibow-desk/

I think I’ve obscured my mobile phone number (the label on Annabel’s Pibow lid) but please double-check the photo with the filename ending 33. I don’t think the number was ever readable in the photo ending 14. The label has to be there because she takes her Pi too and from Cotswold Raspberry Jam and other places… hence why Lego wall mounting is the ideal easy-to-detach-and-reattach solution.

Cheap cable clips from Poundland (or was it Aldi?) complete the quick-release hack. Lego baseplate is stuck to the wall using Uhu Power. An earlier mounting solution using Velcro tabs and Uhu Power proved that a) Uhu Power is strong enough to hold the weight of the Pi+Pibow and b) whilst Uhu Power will take the paint off the wall, it won’t take the plaster with it (phew!).

(If you fancy sending another Lego base layer & Pi 2 layer 3 to me & my daughter as a reward for the photos, that’d be very much appreciated please, as we have a B+ Pibow Rainbow in dire need ;-) Yes, I know I’m being cheeky, but don’t ask, don’t get, and the worst you can say is no, and all that.)

1 Like

:-) I’ll pass them on to the product team! Thanks! We’ll pop something in the post… what’s your daughters favourite colour?

Blue - thanks very much.

Something heading to (I assume) your work address! It’s for the young 'un so you’re entrusted with a great responsibility. :-)

Thanks!

Work would be HESA; www.hesa.ac.uk - I iz manager of statistical programmers, innit. More to the point, a little-known Higher Education charity which is kind enough to loan out not only their swish more-HD-projectors-than-you-can-shake-a-stick-at conference suite, but also lend us a seemingly infinite number of monitors, keyboards and mice to make www.cotswoldjam.org happen.

That’s the one! Should be with you tomorrow :-)