Official raspberry pi Resulotion Squash effect

Hi hello,

I have Raspberry Pi Official touch screen (7") and using with Raspberry Pi3-B
But the problem with the display is Aspect ratio mismatch so resulting squash effect on Display, Can anyone help me to resolve this. For ref see attatched images.

and one image is here
Kindly reply for the post.

Thanks in advance

I have never had that issue with mine,the lightning bolt ,low power indicator showing, how are you powering the pi and screen,also maybe a video cable issue,try another one if you have one to try of course

Hello,

Thanks for the reply,
And I have tried with sufficient power supply (5V 3Amps Charger for Raspberry Pi and 5V 2Amps for LCD display) but no persistance at the output.

The problem is the pixels aren’t square with a resolution of 800 x 480 and a size of 155 x 86mm. To get round circles you need to set a resolution of 800 x 444 but then the image will be re-sampled and blurred. See https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=120710&p=817889#p1196487

I don’t know why screens with non-square pixels are made. I have a Motorola phone with the same problem. Non-standard aspect ratio for watching films and a blurred desktop due to re-sampling. My older phone had a much better screen that was slightly shorter.