Pan-Tilt HAT Camera ribbon cable length

Hi you have a little video of the Pan-Tilt HAT with camera and NeoPixel strip.

What length of ribbon cable did you use? Is that the 30cm one?

That’s the 15cm one as included in the camera kit.

1 Like

Oh in the face tracking documentation it says get a long ribbon cable and that threw me off track as I had presumed a longer one than standard was needed.
I guess it did before the pan tilt-hat sat direct on the GPIO header?

Okays I will get an order in!
Any Black Friday deals for a complete setup? Pi3 essentials, camera and Pan Tilt complete kit? :)

You will need:
-* Adafruit Mini Pan-Tilt Kit with Servos
-* Adafruit 16-Channel Servo Driver
+* Pimoroni Pan/Tilt HAT Kit

• A Pi Camera
  • A long ribbon cable…

Of course, there’s money off the full kit while it lasts, and probably more that I haven’t found yet :D: https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/pan-tilt-hat

I think I need to remove the “long ribbon cable” bit from there :D good spot.

When I set it up on my desk I used a Black HAT Hack3r to break out the Pi’s GPIO away from the touchscreen setup, so I was using a ridiculously long cable. But if it’s on top of the Pi, 15cm is fine!

I had a look about and actually that is about the most comprehensive introductory kit that is on the market.
You should probably offer that as a complete kit all preinstalled.
My linux and automation skills are ok, but after quite a bit of internet browsing that is definitely the easiest build.
Prob a wider market for it, who might be a little less confident than I?
The pan-tilt hat just finishes it off without and solder work and easy assembly.

Ignore my cut-me-own-throat-dibbler discount requests but maybe think about selling that as a full introductory kit.

Anyway I will let you know in the forums if I have any problems :)

Am I missing something or do the instructions forget to mention trimming the nylon bolts down?

The 4 little ones for the camera I have forward as might use that length to connect an ultra sonic as pi cam may be going mobile.
I have not needed to trim the bolts as they are fine like that.