Picade PCB not responding correctly to buttons

Hi all !

I have a Picade Cab for about 3 years now, i come to ask for help or info about a growing problem with the Picade PCB.
After i built the cabinet, everything was working alright but i soon noticed that the software missed a few keys occasionally. I didnt pay attention at first, thought it could be due to multiple simultaneous keypresses conflicting, then i noticed it happened very regularly.

I thought about wiring issues but found nothing that could explain the behavior.

I dont use the cab a lot so it remained idle for a few months until recenly when i moved to a new place, took it out of its box and tested it.

Things are going worse as now i cannot have a working setup : at any given time i will always have one or more buttons not responding.
just the action buttons wont work, or the joystick&buttons will work but the front panel buttons wont.

Could a wiring / plug issue explain the different behaviors i get ?

I am considering buying a new picade PCB just to test if have the same problems but i thought maybe i could get help from the community !

Thank you :)

It does sound like a wiring or hardware issue rather than software. I’d like to help, but I don’t have any experience with the Picade PCB. The XHAT is often discussed here, but I see very few mentions of the Picade PCB on the forum.

Thank you, yes it does sound like a wiring issue. I will double check the ground wiring as it might be the weak point in the checks i’ve done so far.
I also thought of a firmware issue on the PCB maybe, but it would not explain why the issue is getting worse over time from what i can observe.
I think i will have to test with another PCB i’l lbuy, unless closer inspection reveal an obvious wiring issue that i’ve been missing all along.