Pico C/C++ Development Using Windows

Going through your tutorial the first thing I noted was the command sudo apt update should be followed by sudo apt upgrade to update the system.

but following that, I have encountered the following software installation problem
When I enter the line:-
git clone -b main GitHub - pimoroni/pimoroni-pico: Libraries and examples to support Pimoroni Pico add-ons in C++ and MicroPython. --recursive
I am asked for a user name and password?
I entered name and password but git then says it needs an access token instead!
However, the next step
git clone -b main GitHub - pimoroni/picosystem: PicoSystem libraries and examples.
works!

Any suggestions?

Hi Geoff

Thanks for reading my tutorial :)

I skipped the upgrade step for simplicity as it can take a while and I didn’t find it necessary for getting Pico dev up and going. I guess I’m making the assumption that folks are working with a newly set up Linux install like I was - did you need to upgrade yours before it would work?

If Git asks you for a username and password it might be because you’ve got a typo in the URL - I can’t make out the exact command that you’re entering as the forum has added some unhelpful formatting to the URL. If you enclose the code in backticks (`) it should stop it from doing that, or you could post a screenshot/photo of the error?

H

I’m thinking it was this command.

git clone -b main https://github.com/pimoroni/pimoroni-pico.git --recursive

Just tried it and

git clone -b main https://github.com/pimoroni/pimoroni-pico.git --recursive

seems to be working OK for me. It’s a public repo so no username/password should be required.

I didn’t try any of it, not into programing in C.
As you mentioned making a typo will get you the password prompt, been there done that. It’s a head scratcher until you figure out your blunder.

1 Like

Here is the screenshot

pim2

Hope it displays correctly!

Try pimoroni-pico instead of pimoromi-pico :)

You can use Ctrl-C to copy the command from Windows and paste it into PuTTY by right clicking, if that’s easier than typing!

Thank you .

New spectacles on order !!!

1 Like