Query on 868MHz receiver

Hi all,

I’m looking for an 868MHz receiver that can pick up my wireless doorbell button press. The doorbell I have is a Friedland Libra+.

Wanted to confirm before I go ahead and order whether this would be suitable to listen for the doorbell button pushes - " Adafruit RFM69HCW Transceiver Radio Breakout – 868 or 915 MHz" - Adafruit RFM69HCW Transceiver Radio Breakout – Pimoroni

I have some 433MHz receivers and I know that the majority of wireless doorbells operate at 433MHz but I’d ideally like to avoid having to change the doorbell itself so looking for something that works reliably at 868MHz (range is not an issue as the Pi will be located very close to the bell button). Happy to look at alternatives if the above isn’t suitable.

Thanks in advance!
Stef

If the Friedland happens to use the same Adafruit RF module inside it then quite possibly however these modules are specially designed for encoded data - the blurb states you need to use pairs of the same module type for comms. However it is most unlikely Friedland use them.

The cheaper 433MHz modules are simple RF receivers with no coding so are probably easily hackable for making or intercepting doorbells etc.
Once you get to the 868MHz modules you’re into data encryption, module pairing - clever stuff!
I don’t think I’ve come across any 868MHz RF modules as “simple” as those 433MHz ones :(

That’s exactly what I’m finding as well. There doesn’t appear to be an abundance of 868MHz receivers whereas the 433MHz ones are easy to find.

I suspected the same and am aware that these are way more sophisticated that what I need but hoping someone will come along in a bit and say that all the ‘fancy’ features could be disabled and potentially could be used🤞