Raspbian update broke my Displayotron Internet radio

Hi. I have an early Raspberry Pi Model B that along with a Displayotron 3000 has been my Internet Radio for a long time. It ran Raspbian and the other day I did a “sudo apt-get update”. I do this quite regularly but this time I got the following bunch of error messages

amixer: Unable to find simple control ‘PCM’,0
amixer: Cannot find the given element from control default
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./radio.py”, line 55, in
10 # Idle after 10 seconds

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dot3k/menu.py”, line 114, in init
self._setup_menu(self.menu_options)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dot3k/menu.py”, line 166, in _setup_menu
value.setup(self.config)

File “…/…/plugins/volume.py”, line 42, in setup
self.output_mode = self.get_mode()

File “…/…/plugins/volume.py”, line 74, in get_mode
mode = subprocess.check_output(“amixer cget numid=3 | grep ‘: values=’”, shell=True)

File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 223, in check_output
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)

And now my Internet Radio doesn’t work. I am not a Python Guru, in fact I am not a guru of any sort. Can anyone give me any pointers where the trouble might be? I rebuilt the whole caboodle with the latest Raspbian but got exactly the same messages.

I have now created a really simple Radio but I cant let the Displayotron go to waste.

Thanks Ray

me no guru either , get an older version of raspbian here to use with the display-o-tron-3000 .good luck
http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/images/

Thanks for your reply. I will give it a go.

Ray

your welcome good luck,if all your using it for is display o tron ,you dont need to do updates .I don’t anyway

Iam looking for instructions how to build Displayotron internet radio. A few years ago I built the Pimoroni’s Pirate Internet Radio which has been working quite well over the years. I would be keen to build Displayotron internet radio just to see how it differs and what would be the benefits of the Displayotron.

Just out curiosity
Calle Blyh