DisplayoTron VLC Radio

Good evening, hoping this way maybe get a solution to a problem.
Displayotron
I have purchased two new devices, all great, but would like to use the devices very much with the advertised function menu with Internet Radio VLC.py …
Pi 2, Pi 3, Pi ZeroW latest download RASPBIAN NOV2017
after installing Pimoroni Displayotron bash oneliner … and starting /examples/“Displayotron”/VLC.py >> error message >> VLC is not installed please apt-get install vlc

but VLC is installed !!!
my question what am I doing wrong ??? what is missing??? What should I do???
For help, I would be very grateful otherwise I am very satisfied with all products, e.g. On; Off Shim, pHAT-DAC …
Sincerely, Paul

Make sure you have the vlc.sh file alongside your Python script. This file is used by Python to start up VLC:

(There might be a better way to do this now, I should look into it)

If you do have the vlc.sh, run it with ./vlc.sh and see if any errors are reported.

The vlc.py plugin is a little naive and can’t distinguish between VLC not being installed, and any other general error starting VLC.

Thank you for the fast answer.

below the error message or the problem …

Unfortunately, I am not able to eliminate the problem myself (“I’m too stupid for it” :-()

please again for help

Thanks alot
Paul

pi@DisplayOtron:~/Pimoroni/displayotron/examples/dothat/advanced sudo ./vlc.sh VLC media player 2.2.6 Umbrella (revision 2.2.6-0-g1aae78981c) 953 pi@DisplayOtron:~/Pimoroni/displayotron/examples/dothat/advanced [01415680] pulse audio output error: PulseAudio server connection failure: Connection refused
[01424cf8] [cli] lua interface: Listening on host “0.0.0.0:9393”.
pi@DisplayOtron:~/Pimoroni/displayotron/examples/dothat/advanced $

To run the Internet radio program open the terminal and navigate to the
directory with radio.py and type

sudo ./radio.py

you may get some error messages but the program runs.

Trevor

This bit is curious: PulseAudio server connection failure: Connection refused

I wonder if VLC is trying to establish a connection to Pulse, failing, and bailing out.

If Pulse is running from one of our installers, it might be worth stopping and trying again:

sudo systemctl stop pulseaudio
./vlc.sh

And let me know what sort of output you get.