DisplayoTron VLC Radio

Good evening, hoping this way maybe get a solution to a problem.
Displayotron
I have purchased two new devices, all great, but would like to use the devices very much with the advertised function menu with Internet Radio VLC.py
Pi 2, Pi 3, Pi ZeroW latest download RASPBIAN NOV2017
after installing Pimoroni Displayotron bash oneliner … and starting /examples/“Displayotron”/VLC.py >> error message >> VLC is not installed please apt-get install vlc

but VLC is installed !!!
my question what am I doing wrong ??? what is missing??? What should I do???
For help, I would be very grateful otherwise I am very satisfied with all products, e.g. On; Off Shim, pHAT-DAC …
Sincerely, Paul

Make sure you have the vlc.sh file alongside your Python script. This file is used by Python to start up VLC:

(There might be a better way to do this now, I should look into it)

If you do have the vlc.sh, run it with ./vlc.sh and see if any errors are reported.

The vlc.py plugin is a little naive and can’t distinguish between VLC not being installed, and any other general error starting VLC.

Thank you for the fast answer.

below the error message or the problem …

Unfortunately, I am not able to eliminate the problem myself (“I’m too stupid for it” :-()

please again for help

Thanks alot
Paul

pi@DisplayOtron:~/Pimoroni/displayotron/examples/dothat/advanced sudo ./vlc.sh VLC media player 2.2.6 Umbrella (revision 2.2.6-0-g1aae78981c) 953 pi@DisplayOtron:~/Pimoroni/displayotron/examples/dothat/advanced [01415680] pulse audio output error: PulseAudio server connection failure: Connection refused
[01424cf8] [cli] lua interface: Listening on host “0.0.0.0:9393”.
pi@DisplayOtron:~/Pimoroni/displayotron/examples/dothat/advanced $

To run the Internet radio program open the terminal and navigate to the
directory with radio.py and type

sudo ./radio.py

you may get some error messages but the program runs.

Trevor

This bit is curious: PulseAudio server connection failure: Connection refused

I wonder if VLC is trying to establish a connection to Pulse, failing, and bailing out.

If Pulse is running from one of our installers, it might be worth stopping and trying again:

sudo systemctl stop pulseaudio
./vlc.sh

And let me know what sort of output you get.