Pirate Radio - VLC Radio Error

Hi again, following on from my problems withe the pi vu meter I decided to try and follow this tutorial…https://gist.github.com/Gadgetoid/47d8f873fde39fcbe83e6dab0e855f72.....but once again I failed.
After following the tutorial word for word I get the following error whilst trying to run it:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “vlc.py”, line 122, in
if vlc.start():
File “vlc.py”, line 102, in start
return_value = subprocess.check_output([‘./vlc.sh’])
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 566, in check_output
process = Popen(stdout=PIPE, *popenargs, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 710, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1335, in executechild
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

Please any help and guidance would be appreciated.

I’d wait for us to finalise that project… @gadgetoid hacked proper daemons but it has yet to be packaged nicely and tested.

You might just need to chmod +x vlc.sh so it’s executable, but I’m not sure. It was a very rough set of steps mostly intended for me to remember what I did, and is now massively superseded with a one-line-installer in the works.

Thank you for the reply, do you have a rough time scale when you intend to publish this project ?

We should also have a tutorial in the next couple of days on how to set up Mopidy and a range of plugins that will transform your Pirate Radio into a box that will play local music (mp3s, etc.), streaming services like Spotify, Soundcloud, and Google Music, and online radio streams.

I’d guess that Phil and Rogue’s installer for their streaming solution will be ready pretty soon, but they’re fire-fighting some other Zero W-related problems at the moment too. Again, we’ll probably have a short tutorial on how to run the installer and get it all working.

My plan is to have this week’s Bilge Tank as a Pirate Radio special, and then the following three weeks to be specials dedicated to the other Zero W kits, so keep an eye out for that episode this coming Thursday.

yes, I think we should have our (some at least) ducks in a row by next Thursday!

Thank You, looking forward to the online radio section

Just setup the vlc-radio project following your installer, brilliant thank you

1 Like