STS Pi with Explorer HAT without Pro

Hi, is there any how to or tutorial, how to build STS Pi robot using Explorer HAT without Pro?

I have the Explorer HAT board and STS-Pi and would like to create roving robot. Is it possible?

Thanks for the advices

They both use the same drivers and software install. The pHat just has less features. They should have the same H bridge motor controller so the code should work on a pHat and the Hat. Minus any touch stuff etc. This is what I used as a reference
explorer-hat/Function-reference.md at master · pimoroni/explorer-hat (github.com)

for my build using this.
Mini Robot Rover Chassis Kit - 2WD with DC Motors : ID 2939 : $24.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

This might help. Explorer HAT buggy - Introduction | Raspberry Pi Projects

Thank you for quick answer. To make it clear: you are talking about pHat and Hat. Does pHat mean Explorer HAT Pro?

As I understood the difference between Pro and no-Pro the Pro version has 2 H-bridges for motor controls.

So I guess the non-PRO version can’t be used for motor control

The pHat is this, Explorer pHAT – Pimoroni
And can drive two motors independently. If you have motor 1 and motor 2 terminals, it can control two motors independently. I couldn’t find the non pro Explorer hat so I thought you meant pHat. My mistake.