Unicorn HD Hat DOA?

Oh well, welcome to the club anyway. =) I have a dozen + kicking around here at home. About half of them are Zero W’s. The rest are mostly 3A’s 3B’s and 3B+'s.

Thanks! It’s been fun to tinker with even without the Unicorn. Sounds like you can build up quite the collection! What do you use them all for?

My build pictures are here, https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjOYwiwlwDtpgUMsp2qnevKpGEHb
All kinds of different things. An internet radio, some rovers, a couple of weather clocks, wifi bird cameras, testing setups, and a few Zero’s are spares waiting for something to do.

They look great!

I was interested in using my Pi with Pi-Hole to block internet ads on my wifi network, and using the Unicorn HD to visualise its activity. I really like data-visualisation stuff, your weather clock stuff looks very interesting.

Thanks, its been a lot of fun, some head banging too though, lol. Thats how you learn though.

The weather clocks show the day, date, time, temperature, humidity, pressure and UV index in a continuously scrolling message on the sense hat LED matrix. Each element has its own color based on conditions. The temperature text is Blue if the temp in 0c or lower for example. And it turns Red if 30c or higher. The LED shim is just a secondary quick look indicator. I can have it show the temperature or pressure. In the summer I set it to show the temperature and in the Winter it shows the barometric pressure. I’m also into visualization.
I bought the Unicorn Hat HD to replace the sense hat. My readings are taken via a BME680 mounted externally on the bottom of the case of the portable weather clock. The only thing I’m using on that sense hat is the led matrix. Its 8 x 8, while the Unicorn Hat HD is 16 x 16. Its not so easy displaying my scrolling message on the Unicorn though, not so far anyway. To be honest it kind of sliped to the back burner so to speak and gathering a bit of dust. I usually get a lot of tinkering done in the summer so I eventually will get a round 2it. ;)