When will the Pico GFX Pack be avalable?

When will the Pico GFX Pack be avalable?

What do you want to be able to do?

Make a handheld computer/gameboy/calculator

I gave up waiting and wrote my own. All you need is a display driver which can change the colour of a pixel. Then you can create a line. With a line you can draw rectangles, triangles etc and fill them in. You can create text characters and draw them in different sizes. I did it because the displays I was using (Waveshare), in addition to early Pimoroni Pico displays, only supplied the driver and a very limited set of GFX routines.
You can build interactive displays like this, without flicker.

The current Pico Graphics routines now supplies the means to do all this for their boards but if you are interested in a ‘build your own’ system there is information on my Instructables site.

Tonygo2’s Projects - Instructables

and more information here:

Can you access FrameBuffer in Pimoroni PicoGraphics Micropython W - Support - Pimoroni Buccaneers

I hope this helps - I find computer graphics so much fun!

1 Like

I “think” they may be asking when will the actual
Pico GFX Pack - Pimoroni

be back in stock. If so I’d go this route.
Contact Us for Raspberry Pi Technical Support - Pimoroni

You are right. Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick. I was thinking about the this library
GitHub - adafruit/micropython-adafruit-gfx: Pixel graphics drawing library for MicroPython.
which has since been deprecated -(not a word I use a lot!)
There is a Adafruit GFX library for Arduino - I used it many years ago.

I bought one of Adafruit’s Matrix Portals. Wanted WIFI, at that time the Interstate 75 didn’t have WIFI. Learrning displayio etc has been a headache, to say the least.

Displayio takes a great deal of effort to understand. That is why I developed my own GFX system with pure MicroPython code, no libraries with C code in a wrapper. Just finished a 3 handed clock with digital readout and with no flicker. No video yet.

Here is the 2 handed version as a video

LED RGB matrix is what I’m working with in displayio.

Here is the final version with a second hand and the digital time under the hands.

It’s really easy once you have got the GFX procedures - just add a bit of trigonometry!

1 Like

While waiting for stock I had a go with a similar 128x64 pixel display to proguce this:

I’ve written up the method here:

It runs on the Monochrome 0.96" 128x64 OLED Graphic Display - STEMMA QT