Yellow not working on pico unicorn?

Hi,

I can’t seem to get some colours to display on my pico unicorn - in particular yellows don’t appear to show at all, and just come out green.

I’ve written a small program to drive each colour channel combination such that the output should be, from left to right:

• Red 0 … 255
  • Green 0 … 255
  • Blue 0 … 255
  • Red + Green (Yellow) 0 … 255
  • Red + Blue (Purple) 0 … 255
  • Green + Blue (Cyan) 0 … 255
  • Red + Green + Blue (white) 0 … 255

In reality the output is Red, green, blue, green, purple-ish, white, white

If I drive a channel from 0…255 R and a fixed 255 G the output should be, in theory, totally green through to totally yellow - instead each cell is exactly the same.

Colours are a bit wrong but I think they get across there’s no change in the colour as the red channel increases - it’s the same colour output all the way.

Am I doing something wrong? Limitation in the colour output of the unicorn? From the photo Pico Unicorn Pack – Pimoroni it looks like yellow should be supported in that there’s a gradient between the red and green

Code snippet demonstrating how I’m calculating the 0…255 R and a fixed 255G - can post the full program if desired but it’s more of the same. (Each pixel is set to 0,0,0 before this line to make sure they’re being reset)

for x in range(0, w):
    c =  x * 255 // w
    uni.set_pixel(x, 0, c, 255, 0)

Does the demo example display OK?
pimoroni-pico/demo.py at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico · GitHub

My python skills are about average, I’ll need to see the whole code to have any hope of spotting anything. Might also help those that actually know a thing or two about python.
Code tags are three ` before and after you block of code. That will keep indents etc.

Just FYI as I’m a bit confused by some of what you posted?
Namely the * Red + Green (Yellow) 0 … 255
It goes (r, g, b) so yellow would be (255, 255, 0)

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up on the demo program - I’m not sure what the output should be?

Full code I used to produce the solid block of colour above:

import picounicorn as uni
import random
import time

uni.init()

w = uni.get_width()
h = uni.get_height()

# clear the screen   
for y in range(0, h):
    for x in range(0, w):
        uni.set_pixel(x, y, 0, 0, 0)

#draw a line from zero red to full red with constant full green 
for x in range(0, w):
    c =  x * 255 // w
    uni.set_pixel(x, 0, c, 255, 0)  

The demo likely displays a rainbow pattern. I don’t own a Pico Unicorn, just so you know. I do have a Unicorn Mini HD and Unicorn Hat HD.
Maybe it needs to be c = x * (255 // w) ? But then again my Python skills are wanting. ;)