50% of the screen is white on startup

Just finished my (slightly over) 3 hrs pad build on a new 10"model, and the screen looks like its not working. Half of the screen appears to be white. Tried the tips I’ve seen on the forums but no help (cables seated, and I am now about to try plugging it into my monitor) anyone else seen this? Hoping it’s a ribbon problem and not a screen issue. It looks like the clip in the video board is not sitting flush.

The black sliding bar on the lvds connector should sit flat and flush (similar to the connectors on the pi itself). Your one looks like it’s had a bit of a battering though…

Hey. Yes it won’t close flat at all. The battering is due to me trying to push it flat with my finger nails. It won’t snap in all the times I’ve tried (even the first time)… Looks like I might need a new board for a working clip?

Does it close flat without the cable in the slot?

Nope. One side is sticking out like the pics even when there’s no cable

Ben, did you find out if Pimoroni sells the board as a stand-alone article? Thanks!

Sorry for grave digging. Did we get a result?

But I’m here heartbroken with my 8yo, putting together our Xmas kit. Never had something this special. The black LVDS connector was terrible, and after 2-3 very gentle attempts to close with ribbon cable in or out… it disintegrated into 3 pieces.

I have a trade background, and decades of hobby electronic/electrical experience. I understand exactly how fragile things are, and don’t force.

Now I’m stuck with pins sitting high, and can’t make them touch the connector.

Pack the whole kit back in the box, and tell my son bad luck? Please help!

We can sort out replacement driver boards if needed - drop support@pimoroni.com an email!