Adafruit stepper motor HAT python help?

Not sure if it’s the right place for this but I’ve had my stepper hat delivered and all is working fine and have it turning by a bipolar stepper motor, but need help getting more from the demo script.

I’ve used the instructions from the link on the Pimoroni shop to here: Adafruit Motor Hat

I’ve copied it all and taken out what I think I don’t need and changed it to get a continuous turn but I’m trying to get it to do a full 360 rotate then stop. I’ve increased the steps to get (about) a full 360 but the demo script just keeps looping through??

My idea is to have a button press then 360 rotate and stop, until the next button press. I’m still trying to learn python but can’t even figure out a loop :-/

This is what I have so far:

#!/usr/bin/python
from Adafruit_MotorHAT import Adafruit_MotorHAT, Adafruit_DCMotor, Adafruit_StepperMotor

import time
import atexit

# create a default object, no changes to I2C address or frequency
mh = Adafruit_MotorHAT(addr = 0x60)

# recommended for auto-disabling motors on shutdown!
def turnOffMotors():
    mh.getMotor(1).run(Adafruit_MotorHAT.RELEASE)
    mh.getMotor(2).run(Adafruit_MotorHAT.RELEASE)
    mh.getMotor(3).run(Adafruit_MotorHAT.RELEASE)
    mh.getMotor(4).run(Adafruit_MotorHAT.RELEASE)

atexit.register(turnOffMotors)

myStepper = mh.getStepper(200, 1)       # 200 steps/rev, motor port #1
myStepper.setSpeed(800)                  # 800 RPM

while (True):
	print("Interleaved coil steps")
	myStepper.step(400, Adafruit_MotorHAT.FORWARD, Adafruit_MotorHAT.INTERLEAVE)

Thanks

Just glancing at that code:

while (True):

will run the code while True = True (which is all the time, so the code inside the while loop will run continuously).

So if you comment out the while loop (put a # in front of every line) and then put the myStepper.step(400, Adafruit_MotorHAT.FORWARD, Adafruit_MotorHAT.INTERLEAVE) line at the bottom of the code, not indented, you should see it run once, I think.