Airdac speaker phat questions

that would be because the rate in the asound is set at 48000… set it to 44100

Right forgot about that

AirPlay + VU on Jessie lite. Yay!

But MP3 via MPg321 gives me an new error

Can’t find a suitable libao driver. (Is the device in use)

Just about to try with fresh pixel

hum, I think if you have an active airplay stream, or even your phone connected to it, you will lock the i2c comm to sn3218… not sure about that but I think it is likely.

Nope that does not seem to be the case I rebooted did not conecct with my phone and I still get the same error

On the original sd card is there any way I can just get rid of all the airplay and just go back to normal speaker phat working the way it was originally and should be if you run the speaker phat installer. Going backwards in a sense

Essentially how can I get rid of the airplay on the original sd card and just have a normal speaker phat as I now have airplay + vu on the jessie lite card all though I would still like to crack the mp3 playback on that.

the service is provided by shairport-sync (that we pull from Raspbian testing), so if you do:

sudo apt-get remove shairport-sync

then it will definitely stop the service, though there are other ways to do it (such as disabling the service on boot while keeping it around to be started manually as needed).

… after that, make sure the rate value in /etc/asound.conf is appropriate for what you wish to do, or take the rate completely out of file (which in theory should then hand over the control of rate switching to ALSA, which may allow more flexibility.

We now have a normal speakerphat!

And I have a dedicated sd card which I can airplay to!

1 Like

Also I just ran the airdac script (just to push my luck) and it worked.

In summary on the original sd I have

1. The ability to play over airplay (without vu but that doesn’t matter as much)

2.The ability to play mp3 files with vu

Thanks for all the help I have certainly learnt a lot!