Badger2040 eink not updating

Howdy everyone,

So first off, I’m very new to the RP2040 and Badger, so I’m taking things pretty slow lol.

I got my new badger, and starting uploading BIN images and just in general playing around. Then read that I needed to update the firmware, and sure enough, I was on a pretty old firmware.

I was able to update with no issues, but then when I reconnected with Thonny, I noticed all the files and folders were gone. After some troubleshooting, I was able to update the firmware, and get all the files back, but now the eink display is stuck on the about page. I can’t get it to update the display.

I’m clearly doing something wrong, so I wanted to see if the smart people could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for all your help. :)

I think our recent efforts to make a Badger build without the built in programs broke the standard Badger build with the built ins - sorry about that!

The previous release should hopefully work as expected: Release Version 1.19.4 · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico · GitHub

If you’re coming from a really old version, you might need to delete the old .py files from Badger so that they don’t interfere with the new versions, you can either delete them one by one using Thonny or clear the whole lot with flash_nuke.uf2 - if you do that you’ll need to copy the MicroPython uf2 across again.

Do I need to do both the MicroPython uf2 and 1.19.4 uf2? Would I do the 1.19.4 firmware first?

Sorry, I could have been clearer there - by ‘MicroPython uf2’ I meant the pimoroni-pico 1.19.4 uf2 image.